HandWallet version 6.06

News + beta versions that are not published yet on app stores

HandWallet version 6.06

Postby admin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 am

HandWallet version 6.06 was released today, you can download it from Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... handwallet

In this version we added a new menu in "Options" called "Keyboards and date pickers". In this menu you can select the type of keyboard to use for date fields, time fields and currency/amount fields. You can also control showing or not showing suggestions while typing. This may solve issues in Samsung devices with Android version 7.0.

If you missed the last posts, here is a summary of what's new In version 6.0:

1. Support for multiple clouds (and not just Dropbox), including Google Drive, Microsoft one drive, box and Egnyte.

2. Support for working in groups (for example several members of family) on the same data. New data or modified data will spread to all members of the group.
- New screen added (called "Updates") where you can see all the changes you sent or received. To do so go to the Option/Sync, press the relevant workgroup or channel and select "Updates". As many other screens in HandWallet you can put a shortcut to this screen on the top panel of the app (near the "Actions/Accounts/Analyst/Tips"). To do so long press the panel and add the "Updates" screen.
- It is possible to implement a change done by another member of the group only after you approve it. This is good if you want to let others enter data and still have full control of the data in the app.
To enable this approval go to the "Sync" screen and press the workgroup or one of the channels. Select "Options" and then "Apply new updates only after manually approval". Each change will appear first in the "Updates" screen and will affect the data only after you improve it.

3. Support for channels - you can distribute the data or part of it to other devices.

4. Support for exact time of each Action + time zone.

5. Support for local dates like Islamic date, Persian date, Jewish date etc. To add a local date go to "Options" and then "View fields". You can also add a local date to the date pickers by going to "Options / Keyboards and date pickers".

6. Improved support for online banking and online exchange rates.

Please follow us also on Facebook and Twitter: (don't forget to like and share):
https://www.facebook.com/handwallet.expense.manager/
https://twitter.com/expense_manager
admin
Site Admin

Re: HandWallet version 6.06

Postby admin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:31 am

Move to top
admin
Site Admin

Postby snest » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:52 am

In this version when I try to choose a path, at the internal storage, the only selection I have is not the folder I created, with the name HandWalletBackups, but the root directory.☹️☹️☹️
So the backups are not in a folder.
I Use Samsung Note 3 with Nugat 7.1.2
snest

Postby admin » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:27 am

We didn't change anything regarding the backup and restore in this version.
When you try to select the folder you created what error message do you get?
admin
Site Admin

Postby snest » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:58 pm

I don't have an error message.
Just can't choose a location.
Not for backup, neither for restore.
When I create a backup, it is written at root of internal storage.
But when try to restore, there is no location other than /.
snest

Postby admin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:13 pm

Sorry for the delay, We did a serious investigation on this case + checked our error reports.
It looks like you are getting the old screen for selecting files and folders that we are using for old devices (Android 4.4 and older). We also use this screen as a fallback when we cannot show the device initial screen for these purposes.
Is the screen for selecting files and folders black? If yes, this indicates that you are using the old screen.

There is no much information about this on the web since it is very rare, however we found this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/340 ... ng-on-miui
"ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT" is the command used for selecting a directory. As described in the link and as we can see in the error reports, in some devices this is just not implemented in ROM.

The weird thing is that you are saying this WORKED before on your device. Did you by chance updated or replaced the ROM?

Until we give a better solution you can work with the old screen. Using this screen you can save the backups anywhere on the internal storage and also on specific locations on SD card (but not anywhere). Also when restoring you should be able to read from these locations. Please let us know if it helps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby snest » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 am

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
I Have changed the ROM.
But why this changes the way The program works?
What is the old screen you are referring?
The solution I found is to copy manually the backup to Dropbox but it's not what I prefer.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance,

Stavros
snest

Postby admin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 pm

The new ROM didn't change the app. The problem is that the ROM you are using is problematic since it is not following the standards of Google.
To be more specific the ROM you are using is not implementing the "ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT" command that is used by many apps to select a file or folder.
The HandWallet app is trying to call "ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT" and gets an error. So instead of crashing or prompting an error message it uses the old screen for selecting files and folders.

Old screen looks like this:
The content of folders might be different from one device to another.
Can you send us the screen you see, maybe we can improve the old screen so it will work better with your ROM. (you should be able to pick with the old screen any location in the internal storage and some specific locations on SD)

old_screen.png
old_screen.png (39.38 KiB) Viewed 255 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:48 am

We released a new beta version 6.09 beta A that should improve the old screens so you will be able to use them and select files/folders in internal storage (unfortunately it is impossible to use these screens for SD card on Android 5 and above since Google changed the permissions system in these devices).
You can download the beta version from this link:
http://www.handforum.com/download/andro ... Wallet.apk
It is always important to backup the data. Before installing a beta version it is the perfect timing to do so.
admin
Site Admin

Postby snest » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:39 pm

Thank you very very much for your effort and the immediate responses.
I installed this Beta version you proposed and works perfectly.

Thanks again,
Stavros.
snest

Return to News & Beta versions