Future payments

Request for new features for HandWallet

Future payments

Postby Vangos » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 am

It would be great if we had the ability to set a specific transaction for each month like a monthly fee
Vangos

Re: Future payments

Postby admin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 am

You can do that by duplicating an Action. Press the Action and then Duplicate+Periodic. you can select how many Actions to create and the interval between Action (for example every month).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vangos » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am

Yes but if you do that, all the transactions showed immediately and not at the specific time that you have set it.
For example if you duplicate a transaction for the next 12 months, you see them right away.
This is a little bit confusing because suddenly you see 12 transactions right away and not at the specific time that you set them.
Thank you in advance.
Vangos

Postby admin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm

You can hide the future actions by applying a filter in the Actions screen. Press the filter button at the bottom and then select "dates range".
However this solution is not optimal since you will need to apply this filter every time you start the app.
I think the best solution will be to add this as an optional fixed filter (that you can add or remove using the "options" screen). Let us know what you think.

By the way-
For periodical expenses why not to use the "budget" feature?
You can set a budget for each category. If the total expense is bigger than the total income you will see the gap. This gap will affect the balance of your accounts.
So if, for example, your current balance if $3000 and the gap is $500 (more expense than income) the money will run out in about half a year..
admin
Site Admin

Postby jumha » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm

admin wrote:I think the best solution will be to add this as an optional fixed filter (that you can add or remove using the "options" screen). Let us know what you think.

Yes, Yes! I dream about it for a long time!
...приятно, когда решишь не быть дрянью. ... Это нам отчасти заменяет бога ©
jumha

Postby Vangos » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am

This feature that I'm asking its very simple and I had it in a app that I used before HandWallet.
It was pretty much the same think like the periodic copy of HandWallet, but the transaction created in the app, at the specific date that I was setting up.
I think that it would be great if you could managed to add this feature because all that you proposed are very tricky.
Kind regards
Vangos

Postby admin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:15 pm

We added the option of hiding future Actions in HandWallet version 6.10 that was released today.
To hide future Actions you need to add a button to the Actions screen.
Long press the down panel in the "Actions" screen. Then select the '+' option and add a new button called "Future Actions".
Pressing thin new button will switch between 5 options-
1. Regular (as today, show all actions)
2. Next month (show old actions + coming month)
3. Next week
4. Next day
5 No future actions
admin
Site Admin

Postby Vangos » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:39 pm

That's very good!
I will try it out
Vangos

Return to Feature Requests