about import from PC and "price" and "quantity" fields

Request for new features for HandWallet

about import from PC and "price" and "quantity" fields

Postby slachizh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello!
Hope you remember our conversation more than month ago (22.02.2014):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I see it is some problems with HandWallet PRO for Android :-/
It is not the same program as Handwallet Pro for Desktop (Windows)? I have already so big data there for many years :-(
Not possible to import from there?
HandWallet for Android hasn't volume(quantity) fields of bought goods, not possible to put price for example for 1 litre of gasoline or for 1 kilo of meat together with spent amount?
If so I needn't this program at all because it is so much such programs but cheaper on Market.
----------------------------------------------
In the Android Pro version you can add personal fields, for example price per liter.
+ we will add soon an option to import the data from old PC version.
Regards,
Support Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If i'll add extra personal fields, price per litre, for example, then i'll need to fill up these fields by myself instead program which must to calculate it itself from fields amount and quantity as it must be, as I think. But it is not good thing for mobile program because it is not comfortable to do on small screen.
And second, without possibility of import from desktop version and back from mobile I have to fill up my expenses on both - on PC and on phone but it hasn't any sense.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will add soon an option to import data from PC version.
As a Pro user you can export the data to excel and see it on your PC.
We will check how to solve the quantity issue.
Regards,
Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I very hope that you are working in this derection?????
slachizh

Re: about import from PC and "price" and "quantity" fields

Postby admin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Yes, as promised we will add "quantity" + "price per quantity" to the next release (after version 3, "Business" users only).
+
We will also add the option to import data from the PC version to the Android version (one way only, Pro+Business users).
admin
Site Admin

Postby slachizh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 am

Well, It is good but strange decision to add "quantity" + "price per quantity" fields only to Business version, because as I saw through this forum, only me asked about these possibilities and I already have Pro version on Android and Pro version on PC. So you would like to get extra money from me for Business version? I'm sure it is not very honest business. ????
slachizh

Postby slachizh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:00 am

And about one way import, it hasn't any sense because as a rule people use programs on smartphones as mobile versions of PC with possibility to synchronize them. If I putted some data on smartphone and after I need to do the same on PC it hasn't sense. Not serious program, just a game.
slachizh

Postby admin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 pm

"price" and "quantity" are usually not used by private customers. But since we promised you this feature you will not have to pay extra.
It is impossible to import data from the Android version to the PC since the data model is much stronger and has a lot of extra fields.
For example pictures, voice memos, projects and more.
admin
Site Admin

Postby slachizh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:42 am

Yes, I understand it. But in this case I hope that you will improve and PC version soon too? And it would be very good to have Handwallet for IPhone, Ipad.
slachizh

Postby admin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

We released version 4.0 beta A with many features including importing data from PC version.
Read this for more details:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=999
admin
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests