Cannot transfer from phone to tablet

Cannot transfer from phone to tablet

Postby Debra Glinsey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

I am trying to move my expense report to my tablet and I can't find anywhere on how to do that. Also I want to get the information from my bank to my expense report and I followed the directions and it's not working.

Thank you very much

Debra Glinsey
Debra Glinsey

Re: Cannot transfer from phone to tablet

Postby admin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:12 pm

To move the data from one device to another you need a Dropbox account. If you don't have one you can open it for free in the Dropbox site:
http://www.dropbox.com
In device "A" (where you have the data) press the menu+sync. Sign in to Dropbox and select "I wold like to transfer my data to another device"
in device "B" do the same and select "I would like to receive data from another device".
You should use the same Dropbox account on both devices.
This video explains the process (Transfer the data in HandWallet to other phones or to the PC ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zjSuGlTVhM

Please let us know if it helps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:15 pm

About getting the transactions automatically from your bank-
For some banks this is done by by connecting the bank (mostly banks in the US and Canada). In other cases you will need to download the statement from your bank (for example in Excel format) and then import it to HandWallet. Please let us know what bank is it and from what country so we will give a more detailed answer.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Debra Glinsey » Wed May 17, 2017 4:21 am

My bank is Chase and I am from Ohio in the USA
Debra Glinsey

Postby admin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:20 am

For Chase bank you can use both methods:

- For online banking and automatically transfer the transactions from Chase to HandWallet make sure you have a mint.com user (you can get one for free from here: https://www.mint.com/). Then, inside HandWallet, go to the "Accounts" screen and edit the relevant Chase account. Press "Advanced" and make sure the country of the account is US. Press "Advanced" again. Under the question "How often to sync this information?" change from "Don't sync" to any other option. In the "web site" select "Mint.com" and fill all other details.
Don't forget to hit "Confirm" when you finish to save the changes.

- For importing the data using Excel log into your bank web site and download an Excel with your account statement. Transfer this Excel to your phone.
Inside HandWallet press menu+import and select the Excel file.

The first method is better since after first settings HandWallet can be automatically synced with your bank statement without the need to enter transactions manually or messing with files.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support & Bugs