hiding a category

hiding a category

Postby Kathiemac » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Hello. I am new to HandWallet, but the more I work with it, the more I get the hang of it... naturally. I would like to hide a lot of the categories, because I use this strictly for cash account purchases. When I edit the category to make it inactive.. or "Hide" it... it still shows up in red, rather than being hidden. Is there a way to remove it from the screen?
Kathiemac

Re: hiding a category

Postby admin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:42 am

When you hide a category it will remove it from the tree when you make a selection of categories (for example when you write a new expense) but will keep it in red in the Data / Categories screen. This is done to enable "unhide" in the future.
If you don't want to see all the red categories the best way is to create a main category called "deleted categories". Then make this category the parent of all categories you don't want to see.
Please let us know if it helps.
admin
Site Admin

Postby majster » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 pm

I mistakenly hide a subcategory of Expense. Is there a way go back? I cant find it. :(...it dissappiered and is not red as you described above.
majster

Postby admin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 pm

1. Are you sure it is a built in category? Unlike built in categories you can delete a private category (only if there are no Actions related to it).
2. Are you sure you didn't change the parent of the category? If so it will appear under another category.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support & Bugs