Data / Accounts screen

Watch Videos on how to use HandWallet

Re: Data / Accounts screen

Postby ekn1960 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:05 pm

How can I connect my bank to this app? I've looked through many tutorials but I haven't found one that will assist. I want to make a connection from my banking system to the hand wallet app
Thanks
Liz Noble
ekn1960

Postby admin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 am

Liz, hi
HandWallet supports automatic updates from banks and credit card companies in 2 ways-
1. SMS Banking. If your bank or credit card company send SMS on each transaction you can install "Bank SMS" from the attached link and the app will create an "Action" in HandWallet every time you get SMS. All banks and credit cards are supported!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.bank.sms

2. Online banking. Only some banks are supported in the US, Australia, Brazil and Israel. In the "Data/Accounts" select the relevant bank or credit card account. Then press the "Advanced" button.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ekn1960 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 pm

admin wrote:Liz, hi
HandWallet supports automatic updates from banks and credit card companies in 2 ways-
1. SMS Banking. If your bank or credit card company send SMS on each transaction you can install "Bank SMS" from the attached link and the app will create an "Action" in HandWallet every time you get SMS. All banks and credit cards are supported!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.bank.sms

2. Online banking. Only some banks are supported in the US, Australia, Brazil and Israel. In the "Data/Accounts" select the relevant bank or credit card account. Then press the "Advanced" button.

Hand wallet,
Both of these ideas are fine but do not seem to function with my banking system. Is there a special way to access the SMS or the messages from my bank so that system could be accessed
Thanks
Liz Noble
ekn1960

Postby admin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:31 am

Does your bank send SMS on new transactions?
What bank is it?
admin
Site Admin

Postby ekn1960 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

The name of my bank is First Community Bank in Brownsville, Harlingen and McAllen Texas, the website is:
www.fcbweb.net
I did call and ask they have no idea what a SMS banking is and don't use it. Closest app that they are affiliated with is called fcb mobile but it doesn't notify if a transaction occurs only lets me know of balance.
Liz Noble
ekn1960

Postby admin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:15 am

As far as I see in the demo system the "First Community Bank" supports SMS banking. It is called in their web site "Alerts".
Log in to your "First Community Bank". Then select "Account" + "Account alerts".
press the button "click here to add new alerts or reminders".
in the "Select Alert Type" start with "Transaction Alert". After you can add more alerts like balance.

Fill the "Add Transaction Alert" section. Mark the " forever, until I delete it" option + mark V near "mobile" in the "Notification method".
Fill your phone number and carrier (use the same phone where "HandWallet" and "Bank SMS" are installed) and press the "submit" button.

See the attached print screen.

Please let us know if it helps.

FirstCommunityBank.jpg
FirstCommunityBank.jpg (76.9 KiB) Viewed 10304 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby ekn1960 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Your help has been wonderful here's a new problem. I'm needing to change phones and also want to view app on my computer how can I save my data, transfer info to both new phone and computer then restore data to be able to view info as it was in the old phone
Thanks again
Liz Noble.
ekn1960

Postby admin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 am

About transferring the data, have a look on this question and let us know if it helps:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906
If you linked documents, pictures or videos to "Actions" inside HandWallet don't forget to copy them as well.

Your email is correct. It is not recommended to publish personal data (like emails or phone numbers) in forums since bots are reading the content and may add you to spam lists. So we removed this part of the question.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Charlene Martinez » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 am

How do i take a photo snap of my check to have it added to my bank or credit account
Charlene Martinez

Next

Return to Videos & Tutorials